Rave Review: Alkali Beauty + the Beast (a.k.a. my hair)

Alkali Beauty Hair Peggy Sulahian's Tease SprayRave Review ft. Alkali Beauty!

Hello to all of my tangy readers! Today I’m sharing with you my newest haircare products that I have been using and absolutely LOVING. Alkali Beauty is a cruelty-free haircare brand that focuses on high-quality goods that will make you feel empowered and sexy. Their products are meant to bring out the best in you and boost your confidence, all while simultaneously working their magic to make your lovely locks more beautiful day by day. Like, YES PLEASE!

Who are they?

Alkali Beauty fuses science and sensuality to deliver salon-quality hair care products to create the look you crave. Developed by a seasoned team of professional hair stylists and alchemists, our line of luxury shampoos, conditioners, sprays, and serums bring the Alkali salon experience into your home.”  -Alkali Beauty

So what sets them apart?

Drugstore shampoos and hair products have their place in the world, but often times they aren’t that great for your hair. Which means that unless you study up before heading to the store, you may be taking a gamble on your haircare routine. Alkali Beauty sets a whole new standard for the game, and it’s now more convenient than ever to access salon-quality products right at your fingertips. Their website thoroughly explains the benefits of each of their products, making it simple to understand what you’re actually putting into your hair. By the way, they also have a free text line where you can message them asking any questions you may have about their products. Alkali takes this business seriously, so they’ve made it easy to connect with their brand at any given time.

The Goods!

I was lucky enough to get to try some of Alkali’s bestselling products, one being their Peggy Sulahian’s Tease Spray that was created in partnership with the #HOUSEWIVE100 star. Alkali’s Tease hairspray is the first hairspray that I have used in years. I never could find one that I really liked, and this baby fit the bill (and smells amazing, as do all of their products). Other goodies I got to try were the GLOW Shampoo and GLOW Conditioner, their 4Play Spritz heat protectant (sexy names right?), the Afterglow Shine Mist, and one of my favorites, their VIP Serum for hair repair. Each of these have played a vital role in improving the health of my hair in a really big way.

My routine.

First, I wash and condition my hair with both of their GLOW goodies. After rinsing and throwing my hair in a towel for a few minutes, I let it down and warm two pumps of their VIP Serum into the palms of my hands, and then massage it into my hair, focusing mainly on my ends. I’ll then spray their Afterglow Mist all over. If I know that I’ll be styling my hair with heat, I’ll then evenly spray on the 4Play heat protectant. Finally, I like to finish off my styling with their Tease Spray, and off I go!

Final thoughts.

Any products that I use and share on my platforms are ones that I genuinely love and believe in. Alkali comes as no exception to this rule. I’ve honestly been so impressed with not only the quality of their products but also the quality of their customer service. Michelle, the Founder of Alkali Beauty, has been nothing short of amazing to me while I was testing out these products over the past couple of months. I’ve been trying to push out this content because I have been so eager to share, but a few substantial life events had stunted me from doing so earlier. I sincerely thank Michelle and her whole team at Alkali for their generosity and their commitment to making their customers and clients happy with their amazing products. I’m proud to say that I am one of those very happy people!

Thanks for tuning into this week’s blog post! By the way, Happy Thanksgiving and Black Friday! Go shop Alkali Beauty this Black Friday. 😉 Until next time…

xoxo Sara

Alkali Beauty Hair Products

MMxAlkali

Alkali Beauty Logo

This blog post is in partnership with Alkali Beauty. All partnered content in association with Mind Over Mango is truthful and unforced. Disclosure of all brand affiliations is required by law in accordance to the FTC.
Love this read? Share it with your besties!

29 Comments

1. November 22, 2018 / 2:58 pm

Loved reading about Alkali haircare products! I’ve never hear of them before, and defiantly appreciate a hair care company that is cruelty free and uses high quality ingredients. Your photography and hair look amazing as always! Also I’m loving your earrings in the first shot!

• November 22, 2018 / 10:08 pm

Hi Cassie!!! I’m so glad you enjoyed the post. 🙂 Yes, only cruelty-free over here! Thank you so much for your kind comments! Also, the earrings are some of my favorites! I got them at an antique store. Thanks for stopping by!

2. Mindy Z.
    November 23, 2018 / 10:03 pm

Great blog post Sara! These products look/sound amazing. I love the pictures too. 😻 Your hair looks amazing here! I will check them out!

Mindy

• November 23, 2018 / 11:52 pm

Hi Mindy! Thank you so much for stopping by. I’m happy to hear you loved everything! Yes, go visit their website! They have even more products than the ones that I shared!

3. Lauren Nakagawa
    November 26, 2018 / 12:41 am

I’m so glad to hear they are cruel free, thank you for supporting those types of products, it’s so important! Also, fabulous look. I love that you’re not afraid to play with color and different styles!

xx
    Lauren

• November 27, 2018 / 4:08 pm

Thanks, Lauren! You’re so sweet. Also, I’ve been using cruelty-free makeup and beauty products since the start when I began trying them out in high school. It’s always been close to my heart. 💙💜🧡

• November 27, 2018 / 4:05 pm

They are amazing! I agree with you 100%. More people are making an effort to become animal-friendly with what products they buy, as we all should be. 🐵

4. November 26, 2018 / 3:10 pm

These products sound awesome!! I’ve actually never heard of Alkali but I’ll definitely be checking them out.

• November 26, 2018 / 4:21 pm

Hi Megan! They are awesome! I thoroughly enjoy every single one of them. Yes, please go check them out and find more over on their website! Thanks for visiting today. 🙂

• November 27, 2018 / 4:03 pm

I know, who doesn’t?! You can’t go wrong choosing cruelty-free over non-cruelty-free. Alkali is a very fun brand indeed. 😆

5. November 27, 2018 / 5:12 am

These products sound so amazing and your hair looks so awesome girl! I love how vibrant the color is.

Kileen
    cute & little

• November 27, 2018 / 4:01 pm

Thank you Kileen! Yes, it’s still very vibrant despite the fact I haven’t re-dyed it in months!

6. Nataly
    November 27, 2018 / 1:41 pm

I need to try this! It sounds so good for colored hair!

• November 27, 2018 / 4:00 pm

They are good for colored hair! I forgot to mention it in the blog post, but the shampoo and conditioner never drain the color from my hair, which is almost unheard of. They are also meant for “all hair types”. My boyfriend has a much different hair type than me and they work great for both of us! Definitely check them out, girl.

7. November 27, 2018 / 2:58 pm

WOW your hair looks amazing here! I really want to try this someday – I love that it’s cruelty free!

• November 27, 2018 / 3:57 pm

Thanks Deborah! I appreciate it. 🙂 Every brand should be cruelty-free at this point! There’s so many more popping up that are animal-friendly. 🦄

8. Tonya Morris
    November 28, 2018 / 5:24 pm

I’ve been dying to try this brand! Love that they’re cruelty free! -Tonya Morris

• November 28, 2018 / 6:49 am

That’s awesome Tonya! You should absolutely give them a try. Yes, cruelty-free indeed!

9. November 28, 2018 / 7:58 pm

Sounds like a cool line. Do you know if they are non-toxic and pretty clean? xx

10. November 28, 2018 / 10:08 pm

This line sounds awesome! Ever since going blonde, I have been trying to find some good haircare, but have yet to really find a set that I like a lot! Your hair always looks so good and so healthy!

Denise | Fashion Love Letters

• November 28, 2018 / 7:01 am

Thank you so much, Denise! You’re always so sweet. 😭 Ohhh yes, I’m assuming that you had darker colored hair then. That can take a real toll! I find that Alkali’s VIP Serum and Afterglow Mist have really improved the health of my hair. I’d say look into it! I think they’d really help you as well!

11. adriana
    November 30, 2018 / 6:53 pm

These sound like such amazing products! I’ll check out their website

12. Ifeoluwa Anani
    December 3, 2018 / 5:46 am

Sounds like a great shampoo for colored hair! love your rainbow hair

• December 6, 2018 / 5:59 pm

Hi Ifeoluwa, yes – I’ve had no issues with my hair color draining. They are one of the few shampoos I’ve tried that have drained literally nothing at all. Also, thank you so much! 😀

13. stylelullaby
    December 6, 2018 / 1:03 am

i have colored hair myself and am always looking for good shampoos for it! will have to definitely check this out. your hair looks gorgeous darling!

• December 6, 2018 / 6:01 pm

Oh, awesome! I’ll check yours out on your site! Also, I have no complaints with this shampoo for my coloring. I think it’s really been awesome. Thank you beautiful!

Come chat with me! I'd love to hear from you!

Enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts by email.

Shop Nasty Gal 120x90 MarcJacobsBeauty e.l.f. cosmetics