fbpx

My favorite looks I’ll be wearing this fall!

Wild Fable Sherpa Jacket Target
Vesper247 SS18 Orange Pussy Bow Blouse
Boden AW18 Yellow Paper Bag Skirt
Boden AW18 Ruffle Victorian Blouse
Stretch Skinny Jeans
Arctic Fox Virgin Pink
Arctic Fox Aquamarine

Thrifty Threads: 1980’s Color Blocking (Literally)

Mind Over Mango Vintage 1980 Colorblock

It’s been a while since I’ve posted a vintage look…

So here I am! I’ve been dying to try on this vintage outfit for a long while; it’s been hanging in my closet just begging to be worn! Here on Mind Over Mango, I am decked out in a full 1980’s ensemble that I pieced together from thrifting finds. I purchased my blouse from Etsy for $26 (including shipping) and it is by the designer Kathy Che. I’ve worn another 1980’s blouse here that is also by Kathy Che, so I guess you could say that I have a thing for her past collections. Both were just coincidental, but after having purchased these blouses, I am now always on the hunt for more of her vintage designs.

Mind Over Mango Vintage Colorblock

My earrings are a vintage go-to pair that I have worn before by the brand Sarah Coventry, which I purchased for $3.99 at a local antique shop near me!

Next Level Color Blocking…

This blouse takes color blocking to a WHOLE new level, and in such a literal sense too! It’s no surprise that I’m a bit obsessed with the color blocking trend. In my eyes, it never really goes out of style, especially when you step to the beat of your own drum (in which case nothing ever goes out of style for you). The last post I wrote about color blocking was all about incorporating the trend into the warmer months. For this outfit, I feel that it’s the perfect transitional outfit from Summer to Fall. It’s bright and poppy but also has those deep color tones that many of us gravitate towards during these months. Plus, the short sleeves are great for those warmer Autumn days we all love!

Mind Over Mango 1980 Vintage Color Block

My entire outfit (blouse, trousers, shoes, and earrings) came to a total of $49.98. If you were to break that down evenly, that’s only about $12.50 a piece!

Trousers + Shoes…

My trousers are by the vintage brand Fundamental Things, which I found while thrift shopping a couple of weeks ago. I had been on the hunt for a good pair of royal blue pants to coordinate with this blouse, and I think I really lucked out with this $4.99 deal that I found at one of my local Salvation Army stores! I’ve actually seen a few pairs similar to this at thrift stores I’ve visited, so there’s a good chance that you can easily find a pair too!ย My shoes are of course another favorite go-to, that being my Chinese Laundry Penny Loafers I purchased on sale for $15. Anotherย favorite inexpensive (dupe) of mine are theseย nude penny loafers from Amazon. I will collectively link all of the various items down below for you to check out if you’d like to see for yourself.

Mind Over Mango Vintage Thrift 1980

I don’t just like keeping my outfits interesting, but also my locations too! All of these photos were taken on or next to my property in my sleepy little rural town. ๐Ÿ™‚

Makeup…

In terms of makeup, I am wearing a mix of shades from the L.A. Colors 12 Eyeshadowย Nude Palette on my eyes. It’s hard to find online,ย however, I found an almost near-perfect dupe here.ย On my lips, I am wearing SHANY’sย 32 lip colorย palette.ย I almost never wear any lip color, especially lipstick. However, I decided to brighten up my lips to match my bold outfit. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Shop the look…

Check out where you can buy some of these items (and similar ones) below. As for the vintage finds, go visit your local Goodwill store or search “1980’s Vintage” into Etsy to see what you can find! It’s so fun discovering “new used” vintage pieces. I encourage everyone to shop second hand! In the meantime, I linked a color block shirt and a pair of trousers below that are currently available online and are a fun combo, and may even inspire you a little bit more on your next thrifting trip!

Thanks for checking out this week’s blog post! Until next time…

xoxo Sara

Shop these + similar items!

Shein Color Block Shirt Blouse
Boden Royal Blue Trouser Pants
Dunion Nude Penny Loafers (Dupe)
SHANY Masterpiece 32 Color Lip Palette
BYS 12 Color Eye shadow (L.A. Colors Dupe)
Shein Color Block Shirt Blouse
Boden Royal Blue Trouser Pants
Dunion Nude Penny Loafers (Dupe)
SHANY Masterpiece 32 Color Lip Palette
BYS 12 Color Eye shadow (L.A. Colors Dupe)
Shein Color Block Shirt Blouse
Boden Royal Blue Trouser Pants
Dunion Nude Penny Loafers (Dupe)
SHANY Masterpiece 32 Color Lip Palette
BYS 12 Color Eye shadow (L.A. Colors Dupe)
Some links associated on this site include affiliate links. Affiliate links are those that receive a small percentage of commission to help runย Mind Over Mango. Disclosure of affiliate links is required by law for all affiliate partners
Love this read? Share it with your besties!

28 Comments

1. Mindy Z.
    October 16, 2018 / 2:23 pm

Great post, Sara! I love these color combos and that pattern on the blouse. It’s beautiful! The pants were a good choice for it as well! ๐Ÿ‘–

Mindy

• October 16, 2018 / 10:42 am

Awww thank you so much girl! ๐Ÿ˜™ I really appreciate that. I totally fell head over heals with the blouse because of the pattern. ๐Ÿ’ž Finding royal blue 80’s trousers was a no brained when I envisioned how good they’d look paired together! ๐Ÿ‘€ Thanks for checking out my blog post beautiful! โŒโญ•

2. October 16, 2018 / 3:06 pm

I love the color blocking trend, and the patchwork trend too! I’m such a believer that nothing really ever goes out of style as long as you love it! Some trends just become apart of our own personal style and it would be silly to give them up!

Also that lipstick looks so pretty on you! I hardly ever wear lipstick either, but this color pops so nicely with your outfit!

• October 17, 2018 / 5:48 am

Same here, girl!!! ๐Ÿ˜ป I totally agree too. I have so many vintage/thrifted pieces that are dated but it’s just my thing! ๐Ÿ’ Plus, trends are always reviving themselves, one reason to hold onto pieces you love because they will be “in” again at some point.

Also, thanks beautiful! ๐Ÿ’‹ I actually liked it too! I have a hard time applying lipstick for some reason. I think it’s because the edges of my lips seem to blend into my skin and I don’t know where to start it! ๐Ÿ’„

Thanks for checking this all out Cassie! You rock! ๐Ÿ’ž

• October 17, 2018 / 7:10 am

Thanks girl!!! Same here. It’s sort of my thing here on Mind Over Mango. ๐Ÿ˜œ I have an addiction to it you could say. Thanks for checking out my blog, pretty! I’ll go check yours out too!!! ๐Ÿ’˜

• October 18, 2018 / 11:24 pm

Thank you so much Candace!!! I’m bit addicted to bright and poppy vintage styles! It’s much too hard to resist. Thanks for checking out my blog! ๐Ÿ˜€

3. Nataly
    October 17, 2018 / 7:10 pm

Iโ€™m loving all the color here! What a cute look!

• October 28, 2018 / 8:35 am

Thanks Nataly! I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love it too. ๐Ÿ˜€ You’re very sweet. Thank you so much for checking out my newest blog post!

4. October 18, 2018 / 6:35 pm

This is so much fun color! I love the trousers the best. I could even see them rolled up, with a black bodysuit beneath and a pair of fun stilettos!

• October 18, 2018 / 11:26 pm

Oh yesss!!! That’s so creative! Very night-on-the-town kind of look. I actually have a black body suit too! Maybe I’ll try this out. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thank you for the idea and for checking out my blog, Stephanie!

5. juliacomil
    October 18, 2018 / 9:48 pm

Such a fun top and i love how you styled it! Great 80’s inspo!

• October 19, 2018 / 11:27 pm

Thank you Julia! I think the 80’s were such a great era for fashion. I have quite a few colorful 80’s pieces, but also some more muted and Victorian inspired 80’s wardrobe too. Not all of it was vibrant and loud! Thanks for your comment and for stopping by! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Whitney
    October 19, 2018 / 2:33 pm

This printed blouse is amazing!! I’m always about the more color, the better!

• October 19, 2018 / 2:16 am

Thanks Whitney!!! Same! The more, the merrier! ๐ŸŒˆ Thank you for visiting!

7. October 19, 2018 / 3:42 pm

You are rocking this look! From the hair to the outfit, you look amazing!

• October 19, 2018 / 2:17 am

Awww thank you so much, Deborah! I appreciate you taking the time to check out my website! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. October 19, 2018 / 6:28 pm

I seriously love color blocking, and I love how you did it with such vibrant colors! This top is so good and I love it with those pants! Vibrant colors are just amazing on you!

Denise | Fashion Love Letters

• October 20, 2018 / 2:20 am

Eeeeep that’s so sweet of you to say! ๐Ÿ™ˆ Color blocking is the best – probably one of my all time favorite trends!!! Thank you Denise for your kind comment and for leaving your blog link too. I’ll check out your blog! ๐Ÿ˜€

9. stylelullaby
    October 20, 2018 / 8:47 pm

you pull off the color blocking trend so well, and i love your hair too! so fun! xx

• October 20, 2018 / 2:21 am

Thank you girly! Yes, I like to tie in my hair colors with my outfits as much as I can. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks so much for visiting!

10. adriana
    October 20, 2018 / 10:17 pm

I love color blocking, it’s so fun! All of these colors are so pretty!

• October 21, 2018 / 2:23 am

Thanks Adriana! I couldn’t agree more! The colors were just too amazing. ๐Ÿญ I HAD to buy it! Thank you for coming over to my blog!

11. blogthirtyminusone
    October 30, 2018 / 7:22 pm

I LOVE this outfit. It is so fun and colorful.

Xx, Nailil
    thirtyminusone.com

• October 30, 2018 / 8:09 pm

Thank youuuu Nailil! I appreciate it! Thanks for stopping by as well and dropping your handle. I’ll check out your blog! ๐Ÿ˜€

12. Cassio
    November 1, 2018 / 6:44 pm

Awesome color combo! #colorsplash

• November 4, 2018 / 8:35 am

Thank you so much BBB! I appreciate that a lot. I love you! Thank you for all of your help bicho!!! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก

Come chat with me! I'd love to hear from you!

Enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts by email.

Shop Nasty Gal 120x90 MarcJacobsBeauty e.l.f. cosmetics