Instaboost by Aloxxi (with a Full Unboxing of Other Aloxxi Goodies)

Aloxxi Hair Instaboost

I’ve been asked about a million times how long it takes to dye my hair…

On average, it takes me about 40 minutes to apply the dye, and another 45 or more to let it sit before I rinse it out. Which leads me to an honest confession: I’m lazy and I don’t usually want to keep up with maintaining my hair color. Seriously, in terms of upkeep, I’m not the best candidate for coloring my hair. That means I usually push it off until I absolutely need to do it. a.k.a. I look like a bum and need to get my sh*t together. So when I was contacted by Aloxxi to try their newest hair product Instaboost: Conditioning Color Masque, I couldn’t pass up the chance to try something new that might take a fraction of the time it usually takes me to color my hair.

Aloxxi Hair Instaboost Colors

Why less time?

Aloxxi’s Instaboost claims that after applying the product, you only need to keep it on for 3 to 5 minutes for the color to work its magic into your strands. What! Basically, this would mean that I would shave off at least 40 minutes of wait time to redye my hair. Also, these products are applied to damp hair, which means the product will take less time to apply because it will glide on faster, saving me 30 minutes of dye time. These colorful hair masks also condition and nourish your hair, while adding whatever magical shade you desire, simultaneously.ย Uhm, yes, please!

Why I love this…

With every hair wash, my dye will slowly run out, leaving my hair a little less vibrant than it was before. Since I go such long stretches of time procrastinating my redye sessions, Aloxxi’s Instaboost proves to be the happy medium I need to up the anti and redye my color quickly and beautifully. This means that my hair can always look good, no matter how long it has been since my last “real dye”. These colored hair masks are perfect for anyone like me who needs a huge pick-me-up in between dyes, or anyone who currently has no dyed colors in their hair but want to easily add unique shades in a snap! Oh, and did I mention that it’s cruelty-free?ย ๐Ÿ‡

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The Process…

I decided to approach this dye-like experience similar to my normal hair dying routine by mixing different colors in order to find the right shades for my hair. Aloxxi was kind enough to send me all 4 shades of the colors I typically use to dye my hair, so I am really happy that I had the opportunity to try out all of the colors that are most authentic to me! Aloxxi currently carries 8 different Instaboost shades that you can have fun and experiment with.

Aloxxi Instaboost Shades Color Range Chart

Check out this infographic for more information about Aloxxi’s Instaboost!

How I mixed my colors…

In order to achieve the color tones I currently have on each side of my hair, I mixed Aquamarine Dream with True Blue for one side, and Pink, Please and Purple Reign for the other. I applied the colors onto damp hair after washing and conditioning with several of Aloxxi’s other products (seriously, thank you Aloxxi)!

How to Use Aloxxi Instaboost

A messy look of how I mixed my colors.

The results…

With each time you use this product, it builds up the color intensity in your hair even more. After just one use, I noticed my hair had already started to regain its colors!ย It took me just 10 minutes to apply all of the product to my hair, and then I waited only 5 more minutes for all of it to soak up. That means I saved a total of 70 minutes to redye my hair! Plus, my hair is really soft after using these masks. Applying to wet hair is honestly great because it allows the products to glide on beautifully without my hair getting all clumped together.

Aloxxi Hair Instaboost Unboxing

Aloxxi’s Instaboost has enhanced my hair colors!

My product rating…

My rating on Aloxxi’s Instaboost: Conditioning Color Masque:ย โญโญโญโญโญ

I’m super satisfied with these goodies and very grateful I’ve been able to try a new product line that actually does the job! As for all the other beautiful Aloxxi hair products, I will be making another blog post reviewing them!

Thank you so much to everyone for checking out my latest blog post, and a huge thank you to my new friends at Aloxxi for your generosity and allowing me to give my honest review of your products! I’m so excited to continue using them and I’m incredibly happy with your brand and the quality of your goods and services. ๐Ÿ˜€

Until next time!

xoxo Sara

MMxAloxi

Aloxxi Hair

This blog post is in partnership with Aloxxi. All partnered content in association with Mind Over Mango is truthful and unforced. All opinions stated fullyย represent the views of Mind Over Mango and are in no way influencedย by any brands.ย Disclosure of partnered content is required by law according to the FTC for all participants. For more information regarding disclosureย policies, please read the Privacy + Disclosure page.
Love this read? Share it with your besties!

32 Comments

1. October 11, 2018 / 2:07 pm

I loved reading about your past hair dying experiences which makes this product by Aloxxi sound so amazing! That’s wonderful how fast the product works and it sounds like it’s so much easier to use. Your hair looks beautiful by the way!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• October 11, 2018 / 11:06 pm

Awww thanks beautiful! I’m glad you enjoy them. Yes! It’s crazy how fast it works, which is nice when you’re in a pinch like I am sometimes and need a quick color so you don’t look terrible at your next event. ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ Thank you so much!!! Thanks for checking out my newest post too, as always! ๐Ÿ˜

2. andthenmonday
    October 11, 2018 / 10:53 pm

Oh wow! I’m loving some of the color possibilities they have. Your hair looks so healthy too!

• October 11, 2018 / 11:08 pm

Thank you so much Katie! My hair is really regaining its health. These products are helping me so much! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for visiting and checking out my blog!

• October 13, 2018 / 2:14 am

Ahhh thank you Carolyn! That’s so sweet of you. ๐Ÿ’™ Also, you TOTALLY can pull it off. The blonde highlights in your hair I bet would take well to any of these colors! You could always start off with a more “natural” shade they have available. Since they are buildable, it’s also easy to just do a test run and get a more subtle color to see if you like it. If not, they will wash out eventually, so you could pull it off no matter what. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks for checking out my blog post! I’ll check out your blog too! ๐Ÿ’ป

3. October 12, 2018 / 6:06 am

Sounds like such an amazing product and your hair color is amazing!! Love all the colors!

Kileen
    cute & little

• October 13, 2018 / 3:39 pm

Thank you so much Kileen! I’m glad you enjoy my hair colors!!! Thanks for stopping by and for dropping your blog handle as well!

4. Mindy Z.
    October 12, 2018 / 2:26 pm

Wow congrats on your collab! I need to get me some of those. ๐Ÿ˜… These products look amazing though. I liked the unboxing of everything with the slideshow. Now I have hair & blogger envy!

Mindy

• October 12, 2018 / 10:44 am

Thank you Mindy!!! You’re so sweet. ๐Ÿ‘ผ I was super excited and flattered. To actually love the products is what makes it all even better. Keep grinding girl! ๐Ÿ’ช

5. Delia Atenea
    October 12, 2018 / 9:27 pm

Wow this is fabulous! My daughters would definitely be SO into these colors!

• October 12, 2018 / 2:07 am

Thank you Delia! Awww so cute!!! ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป Iโ€™ve heard that so many times from Mothers about my hair colors and the products I use. If your daughters are young these are great because they arenโ€™t harsh on your hair and can be very subtle depending on how you approach it. They also do wash out overtime too, so not permanent! Thank you for checking out my blog Delia! ๐ŸŽˆ

6. October 13, 2018 / 2:38 pm

Oh my gosh. How fun is that!!! I love the bright colors.

• October 13, 2018 / 3:40 pm

Thanks Taylor! Bright colors must be my thing apparently. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks for visiting!

7. October 14, 2018 / 2:46 pm

I pride myself on my fun colored hair. I’ve always been shades of red-purple .. varying from Ariana Grande circa 2010 to a deep purple-black tone. But the hardest part is how quickly it fades! I have to visit my salon every month to keep it vibrant. So these masks sound incredible. The only challenge would be finding the correct shade haha!

• October 14, 2018 / 3:45 pm

Ahhh Stephanie, so cool! I used to have hair like Ariana Grande too circa 2010! Those colors in my hair seemed to last forever for some reason. You’re right though that things will fade, so you need to keep up with it! โœจ Consider trying out a different base dye product that lasts longer and adding Aloxxi masks on top to keep up with it in between those fade-to-redye periods! ๐Ÿ˜˜ Thanks for checking out my blog post, glad you enjoyed it and it gave you some inspo!

8. October 14, 2018 / 3:23 pm

What an awesome collaboration and it looks like you had fun with changing up your hair colours. These colours totally looks awesome on you! You definitely pulled it off so well with this look! โค๏ธ

• October 14, 2018 / 3:47 pm

Thank you so much Helena! ๐ŸŒน I had so much fun with this collaboration. If it involves hair and loud colors, I’m in! I appreciate you checking out my blog post and your kind words. ๐Ÿ˜

9. October 14, 2018 / 3:24 pm

I so want to try this! I want a rose gold look!

• October 15, 2018 / 3:50 pm

Yesss Deborah I think that the rose gold color is beautiful too! ๐ŸŒน It’s definitely great for someone who wants to be a bit bold over time but want to keep their hair color relatively natural looking. If you work in an office or a place where they don’t allow dyed hair like mine, it’s perfect! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thank you for visiting my blog!

• October 16, 2018 / 7:00 pm

Thanks Megan!!! Yes, I love these products. They’re great! Thanks for stopping by!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

10. Tonya Morris
    October 16, 2018 / 5:36 pm

This is too fun! You make it look so easy! Love all of the colors! -Tonya Morris

• October 16, 2018 / 7:02 pm

Thank you Tonya! Luckily Aloxxi’s Instaboost is actually super easy to use. I have some experience under my belt, but anyone can make this look easy! ๐Ÿ˜Š Thanks for commenting and checking it all out!

11. stylelullaby
    October 17, 2018 / 5:40 pm

your hair turned out so nicely! i wish i was daring enough to try this myself hahaha

• October 17, 2018 / 7:03 pm

Hahaha girl, step out of your comfort zone!!! You totally can do this! ๐Ÿ˜ป Thanks for visiting my blog!

12. October 30, 2018 / 11:41 pm

I absolutely LOVEEEE all the colours in your hair!! I’ve been contemplating about going pink but have been nervous about taking the plunge! This sounds so easy to use!!

• October 31, 2018 / 5:34 am

You are the sweetest! Thank you Helen! As far as dying your hair pink, DO IT. ๐ŸŽ‰ Don’t be nervous! These products would be an easy way to start off by “taking the plunge”. If you’re nervous, do some research on how to bleach/dye your hair properly so that it won’t get damaged (saying you will do it on your own) ๐Ÿ˜‰ YouTube was a fantastic resource for me years ago starting out. Luckily, these masks are non-damaging, so they are great for beginners! Also, thanks for checking out my blog post!!! ๐Ÿ’–

13. November 6, 2018 / 11:25 pm

I had no idea they made these, but I bet it makes it sooo much easier to do your hair at home and have such vibrant colors! I really love your hair and cannot get over how healthy it looks as well!

Denise | Fashion Love Letters

• November 7, 2018 / 1:00 am

Thank you Denise! Yes, itโ€™s very convenient and easy to work with; itโ€™s a breeze to use. Also, thank you! Iโ€™m glad others can see that my hair is healthy too! ๐Ÿคฃ

14. November 10, 2018 / 2:59 am

whoa! your hair looks amazing! I def want to give it a try now!

• November 12, 2018 / 9:38 pm

Thanks, girl!!! You should! I highly recommend their goodies. ๐Ÿ˜€

Come chat with me! I'd love to hear from you!

Enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts by email.

Shop Nasty Gal 120x90 MarcJacobsBeauty e.l.f. cosmetics